The Yorkshire Speakers Directory
|Subject Areas:||History, Culture, Family History|
|Name, Speaker Location & Areas covered:||Mrs Jacqueline G DEPELLE||Pudsey, Leeds :: All Yorkshire covered|
|Contact & Website:||w: www.yourfairladies.co.uk|
|Subjects:||Talks 1 to 13 are ideal for any audience and 14 to 25 are particularly suitable for groups with family & local history interests
1. Upstairs Downstairs - From humble beginnings to the American dream
2. Crowning Glory - Celebrate Chimney Pots and Stacks
3. Weathervanes - What's blowing in the wind?
4. The Fulneck Moravian Settlement - Pudsey, nr Leeds Brief history & pictorial tour
5. Twixt Leeds and Bradford - Past and Present in the Green Belt Corridor
6. Remnants of a lost life - A brief encounter with life and The First World War
7. To prove I'm not forgotten - Visiting WWI Battlefields and Cemeteries
8. Chasing Million Eyres - Following the trail Leeds to Siberia
9. Discovering Family History - What's it all about?
10. Bermuda, Berlin and Brill; two wars, two wives - the Stage is set
11. Riding along on the crest of a wave - Hull, Hampshire and Cornish cream teas!
12. Pride of Place - Rooftops, Tiles, Terracotta and Thatch
13. A Grand Day out - some historic homes and their stories
14. Which website and why? Plus and minus - look the same sources on different sites
15. Family History - Sources before 1837
16. Bridging the gap - Tracing forwards from the 1911 census
17. Wills for Family History - With so many online indexes, there's no excuse - check!
18. Writing Your Family History - Moving on from record sheets and charts
19. Reading the Original - Hints and Tips for deciphering old documents
20. From Cradle to Grave - A lifetime of sources, how many have you discovered?
21. Discovering Manorial records - working back from 1926 to 1089!
22. 19th Century Boom and Bust - Exploring business and family fortunes
23. Ideas for researching Non-Conformist ancestors
24. The 1911 and other census - What's the difference?
25. Family Historian - Award winning British genealogy software programme
|Availability & Fee:||Almost anytime - depending on adult education teaching commitments Talks generally 45 minutes to 1 hour For illustrated talks blackout or darkened room preferable.||£40.00 + travel contribution depending on distance|
|Requirements:||S, EC, BO, T, F, E||Click for requirements explanation|
|[ Search Again ]|