|Subject Areas:||History, Music, Nostalga|
|Name & Location:||Mr Christopher HELME||Lightcliffe, Halifax|
|Contact & Website:||w: chrishelme-brighouse.org.uk|
|Subjects:||1. 'A Postcard from the Past...' - From the wow factor holiday of a cruise ship to The Sunny Vale Pleasure Gardens, Halifax - Yorkshire's Alton Towers of the 19th Century which had 100,000 visitors from the North of England every season - back to the days of Sunday school treats - What was your wow fator holiday (Infotainment - digital slides) - 45/50 mins -presentation.
2. 'The World of Brass Bands' - (Infotainment - digital slides & music) - 45/50 mins -presentation
3. '...Other Folks Rubbish...' - with a local history theme...' - (thought provoking humorous lecture presentation) - the time scale can be tailored to suit your requirements.
4. '...All in a Days Work...' Reminiscences from 30 years in the Police Service - (humorous lecture presentation) - 45/50 mins -presentation
5. 'A Week in May' - a story based on the Murder of Lord Frederick Cavendish (of the Devonshire family) in Phoenix Park, Dublin in 1882 and its impact on Brighouse a small West Riding Mill town. This is a slide presentation with a comprehensive commentary. I have presented this to many lady's groups so do not feel necessarily put off by the subject matter because it is truly a fascinating story that takes the listener around world to its unpredicted end. A presentation that takes you on a journey from Dublin, to the West Riding, Chatsworth, London and finally to South Africa where this fascinating story comes to an unexpected end... - (Infotainment - digital slides) - 45/50 mins -presentation
6. 'The Road to Publication' - in 1979 I was asked to assist in presenting a series of local history evening classes - at the last minute the tutor decide he did not want to do it and I was persuaded to be the new and very inexperienced tutor. From that day and after 30 years of teaching local history, many local and regional magazine articles, and 26 years of writing a weekly nostalgia newspaper column I wondered if I could write a book. Three self published books on local history later I was finally asked to write another local history book and the publishers would pay me to do it....In 2011 I stood in front of a book shop window and saw four of my published book titles for sale. This presentation is about how with little to no knowledge and largely self taught I now help others to do the same thing. Info-tainment presentation - a table is required for book display purposes) - This is a - 45/50 mins -presentation
7 '...The Ups and Downs of being a Public Speaker...' Having been public speaking for over 30 years both as a serving police officer and as a civilian join me on my journey over 30 years as a speaker from how it all started and to when things have not always gone as you hoped. - 45/50 mins -presentation.
8. '...How we used to live...' - with audience participation...We have all seen
and experienced changes in our lives. Bring back those memories in this - 45/50 mins -presentation where your participation will bring a smile...
9. '...So, you want to be a Pirate?' - The life of a Caribbean Pirate was not all it appeared. The PowerPoint presentation is just what the title says. I presented this talk on a cruise ship I was invited to be a guest speaker on a seven-day cruise in the Caribbean. I will be carrying out a similar talk about the pirates of the Baltic Sea in 2020. - 45/50 mins -presentation
10. '...The Vikings are Coming...' - who were these marauding warriors and did they really have horns on their helmets. An introduction to these visitors to the UK.
11. '...Resolutions, Superstitions, some traditions and Don't forget Valentine's Day...' - many of us have heard of these but what are their origins. You see just one magpie do you know what you should say on seeing just the one ? - Digital slides and commentary for this up to - 45/50 mins -presentation
12. '...Holiday Memories from the Past...'
13. '...Memories of Christmas Past...'
All are available as Zoom presentations except numbers 3 and 8. I have a PRO ZOOM licence
|Availability & Fee:||Anytime Often available at short notice||Fee Negotiable plus Travelling expenses|
|Requirements:||F, BO||Click for requirements explanation||Areas Covered:||All Yorkshire covered|
|[ Search Again ]|